Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crazy tamale lady turns into crazy cat lady.

There aren't enough keystrokes in me to document the long history that we had with our 'tamale lady.'  She's the lady that comes to your office selling a dozen tamales for $5. I think Taco Bell put her out of business.  Anyhow, past stories of her adventures aside, she recently came to us in her old rickety 2001 Dodge Caravan saying that we need to rescue her cats.  Apparently she recently adopted a litter of kitties that were only a couple of weeks old when suddenly she noticed them missing.

So why is she at an automotive shop, you ask?

"I just KNOW they're stuck underneath the van!"

"Well, ma'am, how do you know this?"

"I can hear them!  I can hear them meowing! and I just know its them and we have to save them or else they'll fall out in traffic and I just can't find them, oh please rescue my cats!"

"Ma'am, no problem, just give us a few minutes to clear a bay and we'll put the van up in the air to take a look."

Approximately 7 minutes pass and she just can't wait any longer.  Two minutes later we have three firemen crawling all over her van looking for cats. (there's a fire department next door to us, which is very convenient for us since we have multiple nominations for the annual Whiskey Tango Foxtrot award in which we give one of our techs an award for being the biggest dumbass.  The past two years it has involved fire.  But I'm going on a tangent.) What's better than having a real fireman rescue real cats!  BRILLIANT!  If we can only get them to stop laughing first.

Finally our shop foreman decides to rescue the firemen by taking the van and driving it on the alignment rack so we can take a look underneath.  The firemen then start walking back to the station.....and on the way go ahead and write a ticket on my windshield for parking too close to the fire hydrant.  Ok, I'm just kidding....it was a customer's car.

Ok, so back to the alignment rack.  My foreman is underneath with his flashlight poking around in all the crevices while our ex-tamale-now-crazy-cat-lady is calling for them underneath the van, "Here kitty kitty kitty, come to mama!."  It would be easier to hear the cats (if they were actually there), but her dog won't shut up as it's yapping its little head off being trapped in the drivers seat 20 feet in the air.

I guess it would have also been easier if one of my other techs wasn't hiding behind his toolbox lightly whispering "Meow, meow, meow"

So after we convince her that there are no felines anywhere in the vicinity she decides to leave.  So what noise did she actually hear?  She has suspension bushings that are about to fall out and are squeaking like...well....a herd of cats.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will keep these posts for your book - which will definitely be a best seller. Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. I am glad you started this AFTER I had my car in there.

    ReplyDelete